Terms & conditions
Time and duration of the event1. Brainhack Krakow 2022 takes place on 21st – 23rd October 2022 (hereinafter referred to as the "Event").
2. The Event is a hackathon workshop aimed at developing computational and statistical models of brain and behaviour.
3. Detailed information about the Event and program can be found on the website of the Event: https://brainhack-krakow.org (“Event Website”).
4. The event takes place in designated parts of the Jagiellonian University (hereinafter referred to as: “JU”): in the organizational unit - Institute of Psychology, Jagiellonian University, Krakow, Poland; Ul. Ingardena 6, 30 – 060 Kraków
5. The Jagiellonian University reserves the right to change the unit referred to in sec. 3 above with prior notification made via the Event Website, referred to insec. 2 above.
6. During the Event, guests will be presented with forms of activity prepared for them, which will be defined by a separate schedule. The schedule will be posted on the Event Website.
Registration of participation in the Event1. A participant of the Event is every person who participates in the Event.
2. Participationin the Event is free.
3.Participation in the Event is possible on the basis of prior registration. When registering for the Event, the Participant confirms that he/she has read and accepted the rules of participation in the Event stated in the Terms & Conditions. The Participant acquires the right to participate in the Event at the time of receiving the confirmation of registration.
4.Registration takes place by providing the name, surname and e-mail address and is carried out through the registration form available on the Event Website.
5. The Organizer is not responsible for any incorrect or untrue data provided by the Participant when registering for the participation in the Event.
6.Registration starts on 4 May 2022. The Participant may cancel his/her participation in the event no later than 31.07.2022 00:00 by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
Rules for participation in the Event1. Participants accept the established rules for the course of the Event and its program and undertake not to influence its change and not to disrupt the course of the Event.
2. Before entering the Event, the participant is obliged to take part in activities related to the confirmation of prior registration.
3. The Jagiellonian University plans to carry out a photo report of the Event for the purposes of documentation, information (available on the Event Website and other websites of the Jagiellonian University with information about the Eventand its course), promotional (e.g. on the Event Website and other websites of the Jagiellonian University, profiles of the Jagiellonian University in social media) and archiving (in the field of recordings and photo coverage).
4. By participating in the Event, the Participant agrees to the recording and use of his or her image for the purposes indicated in section 3 above, without the right to remuneration for the above. The consent covers the dissemination bythe Jagiellonian University of the image recorded in connection with participation in the Event by: recording, reproduction using any techniques, dissemination, use, marketing, lending, public performance, insertion, display, reproduction, broadcasting, public sharing, archiving, in including, in particular, on the Jagiellonian University websites and the Event Website, on the Jagiellonian University profiles in social media, at the Jagiellonian University promotional events.
5. Participant sare obliged to apply the rules of the sanitary regime – covering the mouth and nose, keeping a safe distance and disinfecting hands – if it is provided for by generally applicable law.
Changing the Regulations1. The Regulations are available to participants on the Event Website and on the websites of the Institute of Psychology - in a version that allows its download.
2. The Jagiellonian University reserves the right to amend the Regulations, in particular due to a change in generally applicable law and the need to adapt the Regulations to this change, change the Event program, and increase the security measures accompanying the Event.
3. The Jagiellonian University reserves the right to change the date of the Event if its performance within the time limit referred to in paragraph 1 sec. 1 above will be impossible or excessively difficult for reasons beyond the control of The Jagiellonian University, in particular due to restrictions, orders and bans related to the introduction of a pandemic state. The change of the date of the Event will be immediately announced on the Event Website.
4. The amendment to the regulations will come into force upon its publication on the Event Website.
Safety rules1. Participants are obliged to comply with the safety rules, health and safety and fire regulations in force at the premises where the Event is organized, and follow the instructions issued by the Event staff or services responsible for safety and order in this respect.
2. Participation in the Event may only take place in designated rooms and areas, in accordance with the applicable program and agenda of the Event. It is forbidden to stay outside the designated area of the Event.
3. The Jagiellonian University is not responsible for items left and lost during the Event and for items left in clothing or backpacks left in the cloakroom, as well as in other public places on the premises of the Event and the Jagiellonian University.
4. The provision of sec. 3 above shall apply accordingly to bicycles, cars and other vehicles left on the premises of the Jagiellonian University.
5. The Jagiellonian University is entitled to inspect luggage and use a metal detector to limit the possibility of bringing dangerous objects to the Event area. The above authorization is intended to ensure the safety of the Participants, and the lack of consent to perform the above-mentioned entitlement by the Jagiellonian University is tantamount to resignation from participation in the Event.
6. Participants taking part in the event may not possess or bring to the premises of the Event and the Jagiellonian University:
a. any weapons, ammunition, items considered dangerous (e.g. a knife),
b. explosive, flammable and toxic materials,
c. long umbrellas,
d. animals, except guide dogs accompanying the disabled.
7. During the event, it is forbidden to manifest a world view, in particular political views. The Jagiellonian University prohibits conducting commercial, promotional and advertising activities on the premises of the Event, except cases where a given entity has obtained a separate consent from the Jagiellonian University.
8. People who are drunk or under the influence of intoxicants, who behave in a way that could threaten the safety of other Participants and the Jagiellonian University, disturb the order of the Event, and violate generally accepted standards of conduct in public places are prohibited from entering the Event. The Event staff is entitled to oblige the person referred to in the preceding sentence to leave the Event area.
9. The Event's staff, in the event that the Participant disturbs public order, is entitled to:
a. identification of the Participant in order to establish his/her identity,
b. checking the contents of the Participant's luggage and clothing, especially in the event of suspicion that the person has the items referred to in §5 section 6,
c. summoning the Participant to behave appropriately,
d. demand that the Participant leave the Event area and apply all available means, including detention until the arrival of the Police, if the Participant, despite a prior warning, still behaves in a way that violates the safety and order of the Event.
10. The Jagiellonian University is not responsible for events resulting from non-compliance by Participants with the Regulations, failure by Participants to comply with the recommendations of the Jagiellonian University and the instructions of the Event staff and services responsible for security and order.
11. The participant is fully liable for damages to property or persons belonging to the Jagiellonian University staff (employees and associates), caused by him or by persons under his care. The Participant is also responsible to the same extent as above towards other Participants.
12. In order to ensure safety on the premises of the Event, the Jagiellonian University may use monitoring covering the entire area of the Event, as well as itsindividual fragments. The rules of the monitoring can be found in the ordinance of the Rector of the Jagiellonian University concerning the regulations of the monitoring on the Jagiellonian University (zarządzenie nr 34 Rektora Uniwersytetu Jagiellońskiego z 16 maja 2019 roku w sprawie: Regulaminu monitoringu wizyjnego na Uniwersytecie Jagiellońskim z późn. zm.). The ordinance can be found in Public Information Bulletin of the Jagiellonian University.
13. The Jagiellonian University forbids smoking, drinking alcohol and taking intoxicants on the premises of the Event.
14. In the event of noticing a threat to the life and health of the Participants, the Participant is obliged to immediately inform the Event staff about it.
Processing of personal dataPursuant to Art. 13 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46 / EC (general regulation on data protection , hereinafter referred to as "GDPR"), the Jagiellonian University informs that:
1. The administrator of your personal data is the Jagiellonian University, Gołębia St. 24, 31-007 Kraków, represented by the Rector of the Jagiellonian University.
2. The Jagiellonian University has appointed the Data Protection Officer, Gołębia St. 24, 30-007 Kraków, room No. 5. Contact with the Inspector is possible by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 12 663 12 25 - from Monday to Friday, from 8:00 am: 00 to 15:00.
3. Your personal data will be processed for the purpose of: registration to the event and documentation of the event.
4. Providing your personal data by you is voluntary, but in relation to the data referred to in sec. 3 - necessary for the conclusion of the contract and participation in the Event.
5. Your personal data provided in the registration form will not be disclosed to third parties. Your personal data in the form of an image may be recorded in photos or videos from the Event and processed on the Jagiellonian University websites and on social networks of the Jagiellonian University in a way that allows access by third parties, for purposes related to the promotion of the Jagiellonian University, including for the purposes of reporting on the event - in accordance with §3 section 8-9 of the Regulations.
6. Your personal data will not be transferred to third countries (outside the European Economic Area) or to international organizations.
7. The recipients of your personal data are entities providing IT support in the organization of the event - including the entity providing software for registration for the event.
8. Your personal data provided in the registration form will be processed until the end of the Event, and then for the period of limitation of claims that may arise from participation in the Event.Your personal data in the form of an image will be processed as part of the coverage of the event on the Jagiellonian University websites and profiles of the Jagiellonian University in social networks until the consent for image processing is withdrawn.
9. You have the right to: obtain information on the processing of personal data and rights under the GDPR, access and rectify your data, and the right to delete personal data from the administrator's files (unless further processing is necessary for the performance of legal obligation or to establish, assert or defend claims), and the right to limit processing, transfer data, object to processing - in the cases and under the conditions specified in the GDPR.
To the extent that the processing takes place on the basis of consent, you also have the right to withdraw consent at any time without affecting the lawfulness of the processing which was carried out on the basis of consent before its withdrawal.
Withdrawal of consent to the processing of personal data can be sent by e-mail to the following address: email@example.com, by traditional mail to the address: Romana Ingardena 6, 30-332 Cracow, POLAND, or withdraw in person by appearing at the Institute of Psychology JU, room 4.01.
10. Your personal data will not be subject to automatic decision making or profiling.
11. You have the right to lodge a complaint with the President of the Personal Data Protection Office if you believe that the processing of your personal data violates the provisions of the GDPR.
Final Provisions1. The Jagiellonian University reserves the right to cancel the Event, change its program and formula. The JU will announce the cancellation of the event on the website of the event, referred to in §1 sec. 3. The Jagiellonian University will not be obliged to pay the Participants any compensation or compensation in this respect, or to reimburse the costs incurred in order to participate in the Event.
2. In matters not covered by the Regulations, generally applicable provisions of law shall apply.
1. The court competent to settle disputes between the Organizer and Participants is the Polish court competent for the seat of the Organizer.